Collection and Uses of Personal Data
The information we collect from customers helps us communicate with you about your order as well as to continually improve your shopping experience. The following are the types of information we gather.
- Personal Data
- We receive and store any information you enter on our website. We use the information that you provide to process your order and to communicate with you about your order. Data collected during the order process includes required data (your first and last name; email address; phone number; city; state; zip code; credit card number and expiration date) and optional data (fax number and company name).
- AMEDD Museum Gift Shop receives and stores certain types of data when you visit our website. For example, we use “cookies” to obtain certain types of information when your web browser accesses the www.ipledge.com site. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser. They enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as storage of items in your shopping cart between visits. You can prevent your web browser from accepting new cookies, have it notify you when you receive a new cookie, or disable cookies altogether by going to the “Help” section of your browser toolbar. NOTE: if you disable cookies, you will be unable to store items in your shopping cart between visits.
Sharing of Information
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using a SSL (Secure Socket Layer) Certificate from Verisign. This ensures that all your transactions are transmitted over the internet in an encrypted form. It also ensures that you are indeed conducting business with the company this site represents.
- When confirming your order via email, we include a portion of your credit card number to inform you of the card we intend to bill. Of course when processing your transaction, we transmit the entire credit card number to our credit card processor.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your computer. Be sure to log off when finished using a shared computer.
Questions and Inquiries
If you have any concerns about privacy, please send a thorough description to email@example.com and we will work to address your concerns.